Our skin is considered to be the biggest organ of our body. It is our ultimate protector, but at the same time it absorbs the elements of what it is surrounded by, such as the skincare products we use and the air that is around us. It is for this reason that it is so important to use natural skincare products containing healing ingredients in our self-care routine.
In recent years, people all around the world have begun to see the value in using natural skincare products as opposed to those produced with harsh chemical ingredients. As we learn to cherish and take care of our bodies, we are seeing the growth in popularity of natural skin care products containing ingredients that nourish and revitalise the skin. These products protect the skin from what is sometimes a very harsh external environment, especially for those who live in big cities. As we learn to reconnect with nature, we are able to bring our bodies back to a natural rhythm that promotes health and healing.
Self-care: natural body rhythm and routine
Using natural ingredients in our self care products brings us closer to nature and a natural way of being, and so we begin to bring our bodies back into their own unique rhythm and routine. In the Ringing Cedars series of books written by Vladimir Megre, he shares with us Anastasia’s morning routine:
“The first thing she does when she awakens is rejoice wildly at the rising sun, the new shoots appearing on the branches, and the new sprouts emerging from the earth. She touches them, strokes them, sometimes sets something aright. Then she runs over to the small trees and slaps their trunk. Something like dust or dew showers down on her from the shaking crown.
Then she lies down on the grass and for five minutes or so blissfully stretches and bends. Her entire body becomes covered with what seems like a moist cream. She takes off at a run, jumps into the small lake, splashes, and dives in.”
For those of us living further away from nature, we may not be able to perform the same routine. Our busy lifestyles and environment tend to take up a lot of our time. However, slowly we are able to bring pieces of nature back into our lives through a variety of methods. A very simple one being the conscious awareness of what we put on our skin.
The benefits of a mindful routine
Using skincare products made up of natural, pure ingredients in a consistent mindful routine can provide many benefits to our health. Some of the benefits include:
- protection from our external environment that contains harmful pollutants
- a slowing of the ageing process
- nourishment of our skin on a cellular level
- consistently providing powerful ingredients that the skin uses to heal and rejuvenate
- daily appreciation for our natural environment and the benefits it brings us
- awareness of the environment around us, how it influences our health, and how we can influence it for the better
- a positive relationship with our bodies through self-care which brings further joy in our daily lives
Healing natural ingredients for skincare
There is an abundance of natural, healing ingredients all over the world. Each area has unique fauna and flora that provides an array of natural components, many of which have been used for healing since ancient times. Here are a few ingredients that we use that provide a variety of benefits to the health of the skin:
- Beeswax – an anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Provides a balanced combination of nourishment and hydration to keep the skin calm and clear and ward off bacteria and infection.
- Siberian cedar resin – a most powerful antiseptic and antimicrobial that assists in revitalisation and skin cell regeneration. Cedar resin protects the skin cells from the negative impact of external factors such as poor air quality and pollution.
- Propolis – anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial that assists in speeding up the process of healthy new cell growth
Daily routine tips
Introducing a self-care routine can take some getting used to. However, over time it becomes something you look forward to because you start to see and feel the benefits of your efforts. Here are some suggestions you can incorporate into your day to encourage your body into a natural rhythm:
- Rinse your skin before applying cream/balm
- Make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day with beneficial fluids such as spring water
- Clean and/or change your bedding regularly
- Use natural fabrics
- Practising small moments of conscious awareness throughout the day
- Be kind to those around you, because kindness makes you beautiful irrespective of outer care
The joy of using natural products is that you get to add a bit of nature into your daily self-care routine. You can do this no matter where in the world you live. Take a moment to be thankful for the piece of nature that is present in your daily life, no matter how small. Gratitude and joy are good for the soul too 😉