A nourishing, comforting breakfast recipe filled with nutrients to carry you through the day. Pair it with a hot cup of Ivan tea and you’ve got the perfect way to start an Autumn day.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 cup rolled oats (or other oats if you prefer)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 1/4 orange (or more if you prefer a stronger flavour, feel free to omit if you prefer a plain dish)
- 1 tsp butter (omit if you prefer only cedar oil)
- 2 tbs cedar oil
- 1 -2 tbs cedar flakes
- Place your water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil with the heat on medium.
- Add in your oats and allow it to cook whilst you stir it every so often until it starts to develop a creamy consistency (this usually takes between 5-8 minutes). If you’d like it to be thicker you can cook it for a few minutes longer – just be sure to continue to stir it so it doesn’t burn at the bottom.
- Add your orange zest
- Add the oatmeal into your bowls and top each with butter
- Drizzle with cedar oil and top with cedar flakes
- Raw honey
- Cedar syrup
- orange slices
- fresh berries
- herbs from the garden
- Fresh milk
This recipe can also be adapted to make a savoury dish – topped with some roasted vegetables and fresh herbs for example.