A nourishing, healthy recipe to make you shine from the inside out. Perfect for a light breakfast, post-workout snack or afternoon pick-me up. This smoothie contains a blend of healthy, fresh ingredients to help you feel revitalised at any time throughout your day. We particularly love this variation of a normal green smoothie because it contains an extra flavour twist with lime, kiwi and cedar syrup.
What you will need:
X2 frozen bananas
X3 kiwi fruit (skin removed)
X1 tsp lime juice
X1 tsp barley grass juice powder (or any greens smoothie mix from your local health store)
3/4 cup baby spinach
1/2 – 1 cup water
1 tbs Megre Cedar Syrup
Optional: Megre Cedar nut protein powder
- Blend the frozen banana, baby spinach and 1/2 cup water together
- Add the kiwi fruit, barley grass juice powder, Megre Cedar syrup and blend until smooth (add more water if needed)
- If you like a sweeter smoothie, add a bit more Cedar syrup for extra sweetness
- Want to add a bit of protein boost to this healthy recipe? Try adding a spoonful of our Cedar nut protein powder for protein and a creamier consistency.
If you can’t find barley grass juice powder you can substitute for any greens smoothie mix you find at your local grocery or health store.
If you don’t like banana, feel free to swap out the frozen banana for frozen papaya or frozen mango.
You can also turn this into a delicious smoothie bowl by adding an extra frozen banana or reducing the amount of water to create a thicker consistency. You can add some of your favourite healthy toppings to your smoothie bowl.
Some topping suggestions:
- Megre Cedar Syrup
- Megre Cedar honey snack bar (chopped into pieces)
- Megre Cedar nut flakes
- chopped nuts
- coconut flakes
- chopped dates
- dried berries
- chopped apple or pear (or both)
- fresh berries