Leafy greens and fresh vegetables are an important aspect of a balanced diet. A variety of greens provides an array of nutrients that is crucial to the health of our body.
This is a popular garden salad recipe, with added baby spinach and rocket, as well as cold-pressed cedar nut oil to add extra health benefits and flavour.
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup rocket
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs cold pressed cedar nut oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Lightly toss together romain lettuce, rocket, fresh parsley, baby spinach, onion, cucumber, tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with the salt and then drizzle with cold pressed cedar nut oil and lemon juice
- Pour in the sour cream and mix until coated evenly, serve fresh.
- For a slightly sweeter dressing add 1/2 tbs of raw honey or cedar syrup
- For added texture, sprinkle with cedar flakes
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread, drizzled with cold pressed cedar nut oil
- Top with feta cheese or crumbled goats cheese