The festive season smells of Gingerbread! Rejoyce your family and friends with homemade sweets during the holidays.
The recipe below is a dough base that you can diversify with various additions to your taste. We offer you four options, but everything depends only on your imagination.
wholemeal flour – 1,5 glass
wheat bran particles – 0,5 glass
water – 1 glass
baking soda – 0,5 tsp
vinegar – 1 tsp
brown sugar – 4-5 tsp
salt – 0,3 tsp
olive oil – 3-4 tsp
- Beat eggs, add flour, bran and water, mix everything. The number of ingredients is approximate, you can add more or less, the main thing is to keep the proportions. It is necessary to achieve a creamy state of the dough, it should be like thick sour cream.
- Add baking soda and slake it in vinegar/ pour olive oil in. Add brown sugar, salt and mix everything.
- The dough base is ready. After that you can mix in flavours (find them below).
- You can bake it on a baking sheet (preliminary lubricated with butter), or you can make cupcakes (put the dough into small paper molds). Put it/them into the oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Get everything out of the oven. You can put some egg icing on (beat up two egg whites, add a spoonful of lemon juice and 2 tsp of brown sugar, you can add some cocoa or orange peel). Sprinkle with almond petals, coconut flakes, cocoa, poppy seeds, flax seeds, chopped dried fruits or nuts. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
4 tsps of cacao, one orange peel, you can add some lemon or orange juice into the dough, a handful of any chopped nuts (cedar, almond or hazelnut), a handful of cut black raisins or prunes, ground cloves – 0,5 tsp,cinnamon – 1 tsp, nutmeg – 0,5 tsp.
Poppy-nut with raisins
50g poppy (preliminary soaked in boiling water for 5-10 min), a handful of cedar nuts, a handful of black raisins, cinnamon – 1 tsp, nutmeg – 0,5 tsp.
50g coconut flakes, a handful of finely chopped almonds, a handful of any dried fruit, cinnamon – 1 tsp, nutmeg – 0,5 tsp.
3-4 apples, a handful of any chopped nuts (cedar, hazelnut or almond), cinnamon – 2 tsps, nutmeg – 1,5 tsps, dates – 10 pieces, prunes – 8 pieces, ground cloves – 0,5 tsp.