Sea Buckthorn berries grow throughout Europe and Asia – holding a variety of health benefits and nutrients. Among them are a few such as – helping to possibly reduce symptoms of cirrohsis, assisting in preventing infections and boosting immune health, used in the treatment of stomach conditions such as ulcers, prevent heart disease and improve eye health.
In addition to the array of health benefits – they also contain a high content of vitamin c, vitamin E and B, folic acids, carotenoids and a combination of iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus.
With so many health benefits – these berries are a must have in our kitchen or supplement list. Here is a delicious and unusual tea that you can enjoy with family or friends:
What you will need for Sea Buckthorn Tea:
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Frozen sea buckthorn berries – 1 tbsp.
- Piece of ginger root
- Orange – 1 pc.
- Cedar Syrup – to taste
- Cut the orange and ginger root into slices
- Put the berries in a teapot and mash them a little with a spoon
- Add the slices of orange and ginger
- Put a sprig of rosemary on top and pour hot water over it. Do not use boiling water, because it will deprive the tea of many vitamins
- Infuse for 5-10 minutes
- Add cedar syrup to taste and serve