A delicious Ivan Tea drink with Cedar Syrup. This is the perfect winter drink for those who prefer not to consume alcohol, for Christmas, New Year or even just on a chilly winter evening. It contains delicious ingredients with the added benefit of immune boosting properties.
Ivan tea is made from the Fireweed plant. The teas in our online store are made using plants collected in the Altai Mountains and hand crafted using a variety of wild berries and other natural ingredients. It comes in different flavours – each one with different properties to promote health and wellbeing, such as balancing the digestive system, boosting the immune system, promoting circulation – to name a few.
What you will need for this winter Ivan Tea drink:
- Water – 1 litre
- Ivan tea – 4 tbsp.
- Cedar Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Frozen raspberries – 2 tbsp.
- Frozen cherries – 2 tbsp.
- Frozen strawberries – 2 tbsp.
- Apple – 1 pc.
- Lemon – 1-2 circles
- Dried carnation flower – 2-3 buds (optional)
- Allspice X2
- Cinnamon – 0.5 tsp
- Nutmeg – on the tip of a knife
- Ground cardamom – on the tip of a knife
- Brew strong Ivan tea at the rate of 4 tsp. for 0.5 l. water, let it brew for 30 minutes.
- Bring 0.5 l of water to a boil, reduce heat, add brewed tea, spices and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Then add berries, an apple cut into slices, lemon and cook over low heat for another 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat, add the cedar syrup and stir
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot