Have you ever tasted a pumpkin stew with cedar nuts?
If not, then take a chance and see what a delicious dish you can cook with only few ingredients!
You will need Pumpkin – 400 g, cedar nuts – 4 tbsp, chopped walnuts – 2 tbsp, salt, dried Basil, Provence herbs and an onion.
1. Wash and peel the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds.
2. With a knife, cut the pumpkin into small pieces about 5 cm long and 2 cm thick.
3. Melt some fat and grease the pan with it. Then add some onion, cut into small cubes; stir it until the onion gets golden colour.
4. When the onions got golden, not brown yet, add the pumpkin, some salt to your taste and cover with a lid.
Do not forget to add some water.
5. If the water is quickly evaporated, add some more. Stew the pumpkin for 5-6 minutes until it gets soft.
6. Seasoning will do well: add a couple of teaspoons of dried basil, Provence herbs, cedar nuts and chopped walnuts.
Cover with a lid and stew for a few minutes more.
Our pumpkin is ready!