Millet is a healthy, naturally gluten free grain that is used for a variety of dishes all over the world. Being incredibly versatile, it can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes, as a replacement for grains such as rice, couscous and quinoa. It is also made into a flour which can be used as a replacement for normal wheat flour in baking. This warm porridge is perfect for those icy spring mornings when you crave something nourishing and warm.
Ingredients for Millet Porridge:
- Millet – 1 cup
- Cedar syrup, maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Cedar Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon (enough to sprinkle on your porridge)
- Salt – a pinch
- Rinse the millet well and pour boiling water for 1 minute to remove the bitterness, then cook until tender, adding a pinch of salt.
- Once cooked, switch the heat off and add your sweetener of choice while it is still hot, stir to combine.
- Season the finished porridge with cedar oil and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange the hot porridge in portions, sprinkle it with cinnamon and serve warm!
Disclaimer: This article may contain health or medical-related materials that were created for informational and entertainment purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The owners, authors, editors or other staff of Megre LLC are NOT qualified health professionals or researchers and are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information on this website. The use of any information on this website is solely at your own risk.