A recipe idea for those of you who enjoy barbecue but would prefer to put meatless options on the grill.
brined cheese (suluguni, Circassian cheese or other soft cheese) – 500 g
cedar oil – 70 ml
salt – to taste
garlic – 3 cloves
dried herbs – to taste
zucchini, tomatoes, peppers – optional
- Cut the cheese (and vegetables, if using) into large cubes.
- In a deep plate, combine oil, dried herbs, salt and squeezed garlic.
- Dip each piece of cheese in oil with garlic and herbs.
- String on skewers with the vegetables or put on a wire rack.
- Cook on the grill just like any other skewers, but be careful as they cook quickly – 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy your dinner!