1 kg of green cabbage
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
4 tablespoons Cedar Nut Oil
1. Cut cabbage into medium to small squares: first into wide strips and then crosswise into squares.
2. Place into a stewpot (or any pot) with a thick bottom.
3. Add salt.
4. Pour in half a glass of water.
5. Cover and and place over medium fire.
6. Stew for 20 minutes. The cabbage will reduce in size.
7. Take another half a glass of water and mix with the tomato paste. Stir well to dissolve any lumps.
8. Pour the tomato paste into the pot with the cabbage.
9. Add the Cedar Nut Oil.
10. Stir well.
11. Continue cooking over medium fire, stirring periodically.
12. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until all the liquid evaporates.
If you move the cabbage from the center of the pot you’ll see no liquid at the bottom which means that the cabbage is done.
13. Take the pot off the stove.
Serve on its own or as a side dish.