The French Mackerel Tartar is a favourite appetiser for gastronomers. Be the chef at home tonight! Try this recipe to impress your guests.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
fresh ocean mackerel (fillet) – 1kg
2 bunches of tarragon
tomato cherry – 250g
an apple (any non-sweet sort)
fresh ginger – 10g (or more to your taste)
mustard (medium hot) – 60g
sea salt and black pepper
garlic (if you like) – 3 cloves
- Cut mackerel into 2-3 cm square pieces.
- Wash and dry tarragon, then cut it into tiny pieces.
- Wash and cut tomatoes(you can peel them first) into pieces like mackerel.
- Mix mackerel, tomatoes, tarragon with olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Wash an apple, peel it and cut into small squares.
- Peel ginger and fine grate it.
- Mix all ingredients. You can add a little more salt or olive oil, if necessary.
Also, you can make “tartar” from other smoked (naturally) or slightly salted fish.