This fall dish is a must for those cooler nights or afternoons. Pumpkin is a lovely nourishing vegetable – especially popular all over the world in the fall months. This recipe can be paired with other salads or baked vegetables, or simply eaten on its own as a warm salad. It works well as a starter, side dish or light lunch. We hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for Fall Taiga Pumpkin:
- Pumpkin – 1 kg
- Apple – 2 pcs.
- Brown sugar or honey – 3-4 tbsp
- Frozen cranberries – 60 g
- Almond flakes – 50 g (can replace with other preferred nuts)
- Butter – 60g
- Cedar Oil – 2tbs
- Whole grain flour – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Ground nutmeg – ½ tsp
- Fresh rocket or watercress
- Peel the pumpkin and the apples, and cut them into small pieces.
- Take an oven safe dish and spread it with butter
- Once the dish is buttered, add the pumpkin pieces first, then the apples on top and sprinkle them with the cranberries
- Mix the sugar (or honey) with your flour, salt and nutmeg
- Once the mixture is well mixed together, sprinkle it over the dish of pumpkin, apple and cranberry
- Put a few pieces of butter on top and sprinkle with almond flakes (or another nut you prefer)
- Bake the dish in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 50-60 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft and well cooked.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle with cedar oil and top with chopped rocket or watercress.