Do you love pancakes for breakfast? We certainly do. Although it is typically a breakfast food, it can also be cooked for a decadent dessert or afternoon tea.
We have a signature recipe that is our go to for whenever we get the craving for pancakes – the benefit of this recipe is that it contains cedar protein, which not only gives the pancakes a lovely unique flavour, but also ensures you get some protein into your breakfast, dessert or afternoon tea.
Here is our signature cedar pancake recipe:
- X3 tbsp cedar oil
- 100g cedar protein powder
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar (you can use grape or coconut sugar instead of normal sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 200ml of milk
- 100-200ml of heavy cream
- x2 eggs
- Beat the eggs, then add the heavy cream and cedar protein powder, mix until smooth.
- Mix the flour and soda together and then add it to the egg/cream/cedar protein mixture
- Gradually add the milk and mix continuously as you add it to the batter
- Add the cedar oil and leave to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes
- Cook in a frying pan like you would standard pancakes
Toppings and tips: