- 1/2 a clove of garlic
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil
- 1 handful of cedar nuts
- 1 good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Siberian cedar nut oil
- 1 lemon , optional
- Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of sea salt.(or use a blender)
- Pick, roughly chop and add the basil leaves, then bash to a paste (or pulse in a food processor).
- Add the Cedar nuts to the mixture and pound again, then stir in half the Parmesan.
- Drizzle in some oil.
- Add most of the remaining cheese, then season to your taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end, if you like.
Enjoy your pesto!