With Spring upon us – although it can still be chilly, we can begin to prepare for spring with our fresh, antioxidant rich recipes – such as this Berry Flax Smoothie. With the addition of flax seeds you get a good healthy dose of Omega 3’s along with antioxidant rich berries to help our immune systems along for the change of season and prepare our bodies for the summer months. Honey and apple add the perfect combination of nutrients to complete this delicious recipe, bringing sweetness and living vitamins and minerals.
What you will need for the Berry Flax Smoothie:
- Mineral water – 200 ml
- Flax seeds – 1 tsp
- Flax flour – 1 tbsp
- Frozen or fresh berries (raspberries, currants, honey berry) – 100 g
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Apple (green, red or any kind you prefer) – 1 pc
- Place all of your ingredients in the blender and blend on high speed until smooth
- For a chilled smoothie you can add frozen berries or blocks of ice
- If you prefer a thicker smoothie you can leave out a bit of water – for a thinner consistency you can add more water
- Serve the berry smoothie immediately or store it in the fridge for a snack later
For other healthy and nutritious recipes – visit our blog here.
Disclaimer: This article may contain health or medical-related materials that were created for informational and entertainment purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The owners, authors, editors or other staff of Megre LLC are NOT qualified health professionals or researchers and are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information on this website. The use of any information on this website is solely at your own risk.