Green Buckwheat Hummus
A traditional twist on the normal hummus recipe made with chickpeas – but using green buckwheat instead. Use it as a spread on sandwiches, as a dip for a get together or an afternoon snack.
You will need:
- Green buckwheat – 250 g
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Tahini (sesame paste) – 1 tsp
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Fresh or frozen greens (parsley, tarragon, basil) – 1 bunch
- Vegetable broth – 150 ml
- A handful of pitted green olives
- Rinse the buck wheat, bring to a boil and cook a little longer than indicated on the package so that it boils and then cool a little.
- Put buck wheat, garlic, tahini, greens, lemon juice, oil and ½ part of the broth in a blender, mix until smooth.
- If the consistency is thick, add more broth until the consistency becomes pasty.
- Finely chop the olives, add to the hummus, pepper and mix.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge!
For more recipes, read through our blog here.
Disclaimer: This article may contain health or medical-related materials that were created for informational and entertainment purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The owners, authors, editors or other staff of Megre LLC are NOT qualified health professionals or researchers and are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information on this website. The use of any information on this website is solely at your own risk.