Mulled or spiced wine is a delicious winter drink filled with fruit and spices that is usually served warm or hot. For those who don’t drink alcohol, this is a lovely and delicious alternative that can be served any time of day. Not only is it great tasting but the combination of fruit and spices bring an array of health benefits and antioxidants.
What you will need:
- Pomegranate or orange juice without sugar – 1200 ml
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- Frozen raspberries – 100 g
- Cloves – 7 pcs.
- Cardamom – 4 pcs.
- Cinnamon – 1-3 sticks
- Star anise – 6 pcs
- Honey – 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf – 5 pcs
- Whole allspice – 5-7 pcs.
Preparation for the no alcohol mulled wine:
- Pour the juice into the pan and add the spices
- Thinly slice the apples and oranges and add them to the juice
- Add the honey, berries, three slices of lemon and the zest of a quarter of a lemon.
- Put it on the stove, without bringing it to a boil, heat for 30 minutes and then remove it from the heat and let it brew for 30-60 minutes
- The longer it sits, the richer the taste will be and ideally should be left overnight.
- It is better to use whole spices, not ground, otherwise the color will turn out cloudy; if this is not possible, then replace them with ground ones; this has almost no effect on the taste.
- Heat it up when you are ready to serve – its best served warm or hot.
Disclaimer: This article may contain health or medical-related materials that were created for informational and entertainment purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The owners, authors, editors or other staff of Megre LLC are NOT qualified health professionals or researchers and are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information on this website. The use of any information on this website is solely at your own risk.